WordPress 5.0 Beta 3 is now available!
This software is still in development, so we don’t recommend you run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site to play with the new version.
There are two ways to test the WordPress 5.0 Beta: try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies”), or you can download the beta here (zip).
WordPress 5.0 is slated for release on November 19, and we need your help to get there. Here are some of the big issues that we’ve fixed since Beta 2:
The block editor has been updated to include all of the features and bug fixes from the upcoming Gutenberg 4.2 release. Additionally, there are some newer bug fixes and features, such as:
- Adding support for the “Custom Fields” meta box.
- Improving the reliability of REST API requests.
- A myriad of minor tweaks and improvements.
Twenty Nineteen has been updated from its GitHub repository, this version is full of new goodies to check out:
- Adds support for Selective Refresh Widgets in the Customiser.
- Adds support for Responsive Embeds.
- Tweaks to improve readability and functionality on mobile devices.
- Fixes nested blocks appearing wider than they should be.
- Fixes some errors in older PHP versions, and in IE11.